Re: Image conversion with ImageMagick doesn't work on CentOS, but it works fine on Debian Lenny.

I'd say that was true if the mystery server didn't serve images converted under Lenny just fine.

In fact, it was argued during the issue that it wasn't our fault, that it works under a standard web server just fine.

The fact remains, the Debian port of IM worked, the CentOS one didn't.  I've already worked around the issue,
I just do my conversions on Debian, being that I'm not really a Debian fanboy, I'm not terribly thrilled about maintaining
a Debian install around, and I figured I'd ask.

The provider is coresense.  For better or for worse.  They do a lot of things stupidly, but it works, and for lack of a
better option to suggest for a cart with a back-end that handles the things they do, it stays.

Peter

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 15:57 -0800, Peter Serwe wrote:
> I didn't notice the problem until it was hosted on a certain
> commercial storefront provider, under apache, I saw no problem.

That suggests a problem with the way your "mystery software" is serving
the image rather than a problem with the image.  Which points to a bug
in the "mystery software".

Peter Serwe
http://truthlightway.blogspot.com/