Re: (re)load new kernel with rebooting host node?

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to reload the dom0 / host node's kernel with a newer
one, without rebooting the server? I know kexec can do something like
this for security patches, but I don't know much about kexec, and I
don't want to mess up a production server either. So, has anyone done
something like this before? I need to load a new kernel for one of the
domU's iptables to work, but don't want to reboot the whole server and
cause downtime for the other domU's.

http://www.ksplice.com/

--
Mathew S. McCarrell