Re: Problem when opening files after installing OpenOffice 3.1 on CentOS 5.4

Mathieu Baudier wrote:
Hi,

I have installed OpenOffice 3.1 downloaded from the openoffice.org
website on CentOS 5.4 x86_64.

The downloaded file is actually an archive containing RPMs.
I did not use their setup tool but installed directly the RPMs I was
interested in via 'yum localinstall' (my idea is in the future to put
them on a custom yum repository, so that they can be managed via
regular yum install / update).

It works fine, except that when I double-click on, say, *.odt files in
the file browser I get the following exception:

Cannot open xxxxxxx.odt
The filename "xxxxxxx.odt" indicates that this file is of type "odt
document". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type
"OpenDocument Text".
Did you install the relevant rpm from the desktop-integration folder?? This has fixed these issues for me previously
If I do a right-click, Open with... > Open Office Writer 3.1, it opens
the file properly.

1. Did anybody already experienced that?
2. Do you know where I can manage the file types in GNOME?

I have already added Open Office 3.1 as the default application to
open such files (Right-click, Properties > Open With)

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu
begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen