Re: user management solution needed

m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, google comes up with what looks like some easy HOWTOs for LDAP

I'll dig in and come back with questions as required

Don't believe it.

The fall of '06, my manager and the other admin and I were discussing what
to use for single sign-on. NIS has way too many holes, and no one was wild
about NIS+, so, though none of us had dealt with it before, I though LDAP
was the wave o' the future, and offered to implement it. A month or so
later, and *lots* of grief and hair tearing (and I ain't got none to
spare), I got it in. openLDAP's docs were *way* insufficient, and the
tools that come with it are *not* ready for prime time, and user-surly, to
say the least.

It works, though.

        mark

Mark,
I too have experienced this PAIN!!!
However I never quite got it done, always seemed real close but not quite.
Did you document??
I am now trying the RH / Fedora DS - no problem getting it installed but configuration........ Any pointers to docs that actually work. I have purchased books, read magazines and spent probably 100+ hours only to run out of time and energy. It remains on my 'to do' list.
Thanks for any pointers.
Rob
begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen