Re: No entry in /var/log/boot.log

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Lee Perez <leecajun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rod Rook wrote:
> I installed CentOS 5.3 on Oct 27, 2009 and immediately updated it to 5.4.
>
> I had not paid attention to this boot log until yesterday when I decided to
> take a look to do some trouble shooting.
>
> Oct 27 13:16:24 localhost NET[3797]: /sbin/dhclient-script : updated
>
>>> /etc/resolv.conf
>>>
>> Oct 27 13:16:29 localhost NET[4059]:
>>
>>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-post : updated /etc/resolv.conf
>>>

> This entry was probably made right after the fresh installation.
>
> I've done searches on the Internet for answers for this problem and the only
> thing I've found is that I am not the only one with this problem.
> But no body has offered any definite solution for it. I even posted the same
> question in the CentOS forum and haven't got any reply.
>
> >From what I have read, this problem may be caused by a bug or bugs in CentOS
> 5.x, but I hope it is not because I am in the process of
> switching from Fedora 10 to CentOS 5.4 and I don't want to get disappointed.
> Trivial as this may be, this does not give me confidence in
> CentOS distribution.
>
> Can anyone come up with a solution?

Hi Rod,

Have you looked at this thread:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-October/083346.html

Maybe along the same lines as the problem that you are having not sure.
HTH.
Hi, Lee,
The problem mentioned in the thread you referred to is usually caused by Network Manager, which has nothing to do with boot.log.
Thanks to you anyway.