Re: Bypass Hung Applications At Boot So System Can Complete The Boot Process

During boot, you'll see (for a real brief moment), something to the effect "press I for interactive startup...".

A few seconds after pressing it, you will be prompted to load services with a y/n.

Once in Ubuntu, I entered rescue mode by entering grub startup options at the command prompt, namely single user mode but I can't recall exactly how I did this  I imagine it would apply to any Linux distro.

For me, sendmail and other network services (not NFS though) took forever to load because of fubar'd network stuff.