Re: Switch to measure traffic at IP level?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Neil Aggarwal <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matt:

> why not just use your current cacti setup and
> enable snmp on each of the hosts?  That seems like
> the simplest and cheapest approach.

As I understand it, I would actually have to
enable snmp on each of the guests, not the hosts.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,
       Neil

Yeah, I guess you probably would and I can see how you would want to avoid that.  That is how I do it with Cacti right now but depending on what your using for virtualization, you might be able to pull all of those stats with snmp on the host.

Matt