Re: CentOS for non-tech user

Behalf
>Of Marcelo M. Garcia
>Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:36 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re:  CentOS for non-tech user
>
>> Not using, but I've tried it in a LAMP-configuration couple of years ago.
>> Stability seems ok, but personally I don't like the sudo this and sudo
that
>> and sudo everywhere. Besides, it felt somehow clunky. CentOS seemed slim,
>> slick and fast compared at the time, so CentOS is what I got stuck with
(in
>> an endearing sense of course).
>>
>> HTH.
>Hi Sorin
>
>You can "sudo bash" and you will have a root terminal. In it, you can
>set the root password for root.

Yupp, as I said, at the time I was testing Ubuntu, I was rather green and
didn't know about those little tricks. Now is a another matter, but I still
prefer CentOS. Besides, opening a terminal and typing in "su -" is way
faster. Saves keystrokes.
	And I can't believe I just write that...! I sound like a linux
die-hard...
--
/Sorin