Re: CentOS vs Fedora?

I wouldn't use Fedora for my servers. It's a great distro for desktop use but I didn't like it's server usage.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM, David Suhendrik <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ron Blizzard wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM, David Suhendrik<david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,
I'm newbie and i want to know Your opinion about CentOS vs Fedora, hopefully
this isn't make a flame, and just to curious..
Actucally now I'm using CentOS as some servers. ^_^'

For me CentOS is just a better choice. I prefer stability to "cutting
edge" -- even for my desktop computers (I don't have any servers).
I've tried several versions of Fedora -- liked the earlier versions,
thought versions 7 through 9 were a bit too "cutting edge," but am
impressed with 10 and 11. Still, due to the nature of Fedora, you've
got a *lot* of upgrades and I think that would beat me down after a
while. If CentOS (or Scientific Linux) didn't exist, I would probably
use Fedora.

I'm using CentOS with reason same as You, I'm isn't beta tester and won't using tester on productive servers. But sometimes i'm using Fedora repos for upgrade some packages.

Cheers...
--
Regards,
David