UTC timezone not available in RHEL4

Hi all,

I have been using Red Hat for a very long time and run CentOS 4 on some of my production servers. One of the things that

has bugged me for a long time is the fact in the Time Zone configuration there is not a selection for UTC or GMT.

As a work around I have been linking the /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC

which works, but when Yum auto updates to a new version it resets the timezone back to EST.  When this happens

it messes up my timings in the crontab.

Is there a reason UTC is missing a timezone selection in RHEL4?  It is an option in RHEL5.

Is there a better way to set the system to UTC then the /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC

work around, and its problems??

Thanks,

Mike