Re: Investigate the root cause of server reboot

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your suggestion.
The load of my server is very light. I'll give remote syslog a try. If remote syslog can't catch anything extra, is there any other clue?

Thanks,
Justin

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Barry Brimer <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My CentOS will reboot every several days. There's nothing in
> /var/log/messages. I want to find out why it reboots automatically. Is there
> any log I can look at? Or any suggestions to monitor the server activity?

You might try setting up remote syslogging to see if you catch anything
extra there .. besides that .. if you have any indication that it is load
related .. you might look at hangwatch
<http://people.redhat.com/astokes/hangwatch/> to try and get information
from sysrq if load becomes too high.

Barry