Re: install Oracle on the Centos

I think this helps

http://www.idevelopment.info/

--- On Sun, 8/16/09, John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: install Oracle on the Centos

Han mo wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> does anyone install the oracle on the centos?
> I try to install the oracle on my computer.  but fail.
> It has problem on kernel setting and add the swap disk.

"The Oracle" on "The Centos" ?   there's many software products from
Oracle, and several versions of CentOS.   You should probably be a
little more specific.

I have installed Oracle Database Server Enterprise Edition 9i and 10g on
CentOS 3, 4 and 5, it runs just fine.    IIRC (its been a few months
since I've installed any of them), you need to do a fair number of
manual steps, you should follow the Oracle release notes on running
RDBMS on RHEL.