Re: CentOS on Acer Laptop

On 31/07/09 22:01, Lanny Marcus wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:56 AM, sam R<samcalc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have very basic question:
I have downloaded CentOS-5.3-i386-LiveCD from CentOS website. Now I need to
install it on my Acer Laptop permanently not as a liveCD. How do I burn it
to a DVD to be able to install it by simply restarting my laptop?

I suggest you go ahead and burn the LiveCD image you downloaded to a
CD and see if this OS will run, properly, on your HW, before you
install it. If so, then download the CD's or DVD for a regular
install. Hang onto the LiveCD, in case you need to test on other HW,
in case you have a problem and need to rescue, or if go out of town
and want to run on someone elses HW without leaving tracks.

May also want to consider using the "netinstall" images if you have a constant network
connection during install. Saves downloading a whole DVD or a bunch of CD's ;-)

Although do try the LiveCD as stated above.
--
Jake