Re: Gallery2 under CentOS-5.3

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:
I asked about 18 months ago if gallery2 was available
in any of the CentOS repositories,
and it seemed that at that time it was not.
However, there was some talk of putting it in epel or epel-testing.
But I looked just now, and did not find it there.

I actually installed gallery2 on my server
by following the instructions at
<http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Preinstaller>.
But I've had a slight http problem on the server
which might be related to gallery2
(wireshark seemed to show some odd calls on gallery2);
so I was wondering if there was yet an official CentOS implementation?

I no longer am using gallery 2 but awhile back I did it using the noarch RPMs from Fedora 9.

However, I was running php 5.2.6 and not the 5.1.x that CentOS ships with. I do not believe that makes a difference.

If I recall - I also had to install php-Smarty from Fedora 9 (also a noarch rpm).

F9 I think is EOL - so try the F10 noarch RPMs. Look in F10 updates first.
I have recently (<10 days) installed gallery2 on my server I used tar.gz from their site version 2.3-full-en. As it is simple php and mysql and I have these from CentOS already it was no issue to get it working. What are you seeing that concerns you? I will check my install for similar issue if you like.
HTH
Rob
begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen