Re: Dag's comment at linuxtag

On Jun 29, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

I know, and I understand that you are now vexed, but, like I said:
instead of 8,000 packages in RF, better have 400 rock-solid ones?

i look to rpmforge for a wide variety of packages, none of which have anything to do with mplayer, VLC or media of any sort. i look forward with keen anticipation to the announcement that all the other packages i don't care about will be dropped in order to better focus scarce developer time and energy on the packages i do care about (in the interest of improving the quality of the repository, of course) :)

seriously, if the fix is so easy, why not just submit the patch?

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es