Re: kghostview and xdg-open. Need to fix problem across whole system

Paul Johnson wrote:

> In Centos 5.3, a bad problem has surfaced in user land. We want to use
> either Evince or Adobe acroread as the pdf view, but the update of
> kdegraphics has somehow screwed up these systems so that the odious,
> horrible, awful pdf viewer kghostview is used.

It's most likely Acrobat Reader that f#$#$#d up here.  It mucks with system
copies of mimetypes, etc...

My guess is that kdegraphics update simply replaced the muck'd system copies
with known good ones.

Now, opening pdf's from where is causing problems?  Say, opening in
nautilus, a webbrowser, what?

-- Rex