Re: 5.3 on an EeePC??

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM, JohnS <jses27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not crazy about smooching huh? Ever bother to really research the facts?
RedHat and MS are parteners! In the Virtualization area and more.

I used openSUSE for quite a while -- even after the agreement (11.0 is still on what is now my backup desktop) -- for two reasons. 1) Novell did a lot to fight off SCO's anti-Linux FUD campaign. And 2) The SuSE community is a lot bigger than Novell. So I'm not part of the boycott Novell group, but the deal with M$ still seems kind of smelly.

As for Red Hat's virtualization agreement with Microsoft -- I thought that had more to do with interoperability than with any licensing agreements?

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3