Re: Yum Update issues

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Gary Greene <ggreene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       I'm not quite sure what this is telling me. Looks like some kind of conflict between mplayer and kaffeine? Maybe if I removed mplayer and then ran yum-complete-transaction?

       The file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-mplayer2.desktop doesn't exist. -- which really makes this odd.

       --
       RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3

This is caused by a packaging bug. They should not ship the x-mplayer2.desktop file in kdelibs nor in kaffeine, but rather have it in mplayer where it belongs. This should be handled in the %install section for these packages.

Thanks for the information. Is there a way to clear out the transaction information, so yum is no longer looking for kaffeine and the kde library files at all?

I'll keep trying to Google for a solution.

Again, thanks.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3