Re: centos firewall?

> >> seems as though you need to install iptables package
>>
>> [root@Server1 /]# uname -a
>> Linux Server1 2.6.24-23-xen #1 SMP Mon Jan 26 03:09:12 UTC 2009 x86_64
>> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> But if iptables is not installed, how is port 5900 being blocked?
>----
>maybe the xen host is blocking them. Maybe upstream router is blocking.
>
>why not just use freenx and run everything through ssh port which
>clearly isn't blocked? It's faster and better anyway.

>Craig

Or you can use "X11Forwarding" sshd option. To use it you shoud put
"X11Forwarding yes" option to"/etc/ssh/sshd_config" on server side, and use

ssh -X username@server

command on client side to connect to the server. After it all GUI program
wich you will start on ssh-shell will display on client computer. (This all work
if your client computer is based on *nix system such is Linux, if you have MS Windows on client computer you
must use the xming+putty software to do this)