Re: Local root vulnerability in udev

John Austin wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 09:21 -0400, Rob Kampen wrote:
Lanny Marcus wrote:
I just saw this thread in the OLM forum. Possibly of interest, since
they say it includes CentOS 5, if the update hasn't been released yet.
Always good  to keep boxes updated, for security and stability
reasons.

<http://forums.olm.net/showthread.php?t=2137>

I posted the above Saturday night and there was very little activity
in this mailing list over the weekend. Anyone using Apache on CentOS
5, heads up!
Lanny,
I just killed the udevd on my two servers and await the update....
What are you looking for?
Rob

New udev just arrived - I assume this the fix !!
udev-095-14.20.el5_3.x86_64.rpm

John

Just did the upgrade on one of my servers, however, udev is one of those items that starts right at the beginning of boot up, and has no init script to stop and start it, so I guess a total reboot is required??

begin:vcard
fn:Rob Kampen
n:Kampen;Rob
email;internet:rkampen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx