Re: Using cdrecord on CentOS

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 15:46 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:> Michael A. Peters a écrit :> > >>> >> 1) Am I supposed to be root to use cdrecord and burn an .iso file?> > > > I've found it works much better if you are root.> > > > I tried both, and see: cdrecord complains about not being able to set > certain priorities while being run as user, which induces a high risk > for buffer underruns. So I have my answer for that.> > Another cdrecord-related question. Usually I should be able to copy a CD > as simply as that:> > $ dd if=/dev/cdrom of=copy.iso> > Then insert a blank CD, and:> > $ cdrecord -v -eject dev=/dev/cdrom copy.iso> > Now I did that for data CDs, and it works very well. I thought, normally > this *should* also work for audio CDs, so I gave that a spin. But > everytime I try it, dd stops short and gives me an "Input/output error" > for /dev/hdc.> > I tried three different audio CDs, all three in good state. I can listen > to them OK on the PC. But all I get with dd is a zero-byte-length > copy.iso file.> > Any idea what's happening?
Try padding copied image with a few hundred k of nulls.
dd if=/dev/zero of=copy.iso \  seek=<number of output blocks to skip forward> bs=2048
I've had to do this for my ISO images depending on the age/brand/modelof the device. It seems that (at least in the past) there was adisconnect in the kernel handling of the end of file and writing thelast blocks read in. This cured it.
I can't say if this would affect audio CDs as well, but worth a try.
> > Niki> <snip sig stuff>
HTH-- Bill
_______________________________________________CentOS mailing listCentOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos