Re: question about top output

on 3-24-2009 7:30 AM Greenseid, Joseph M (IS) spake the following:
>> Can you swap the disk drives with a node that works OK?
>
> i will try that when i get back to the data center and can swap the nodes.
>

>> Have you compared BIOS setups? Something tells me this is like
>> interrupts related. Could even be poorly seated hardware: memory, power
>> or data cables, video, etc.
>>
>> IIRC, BIOS settings can also have an effect there.
>
> all the bios were flashed to the same version and configured the same
> before we started with these systems.
>
> something must be wrong with the node for it to run slow, but i just
> didn't understand how top was showing such weird output.
>
> thanks for the suggestions.

Could it be something more simple like a memory module in the wrong slot
causing the system to not page-interleave the ram? I have had this happen when
I depended on others to set up multiple systems.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and