Re: package manager CentOS

Thanks Marcelo. That certainly helped.

Although, now I keep seeing this message:

[root@mpvmpc19 paramiko]# yum install Crypto.Util.randpool
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - ~
336 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Parsing package install arguments

In the yum configuration file, there are may mirrors listed in a few files: What should the priorities be? (I wnt to make sure no packages are excluded. 336 is a very large number)

Second: I was able to install python-paramiko. It seems to work with Python2.3 (Python2.3 comes as default with CentOS). I have installed Python 2.4.6 and need the same to work with that. Any tips?
--
Raghu Narasimhan

raghu.united@xxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Marcelo M. Garcia <marcelo.maia.garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Raghu Narasimhan wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have some doubts with regards a Python module called paramiko (used to
> automate ssh related stuff)
>
> 1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4
>
> 2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on CentOS 4?
> I have tried all possible ones without success.
>
>         yum install paramiko
>         yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
>         python-paramiko.noarch
>
> /[rUSER@HOST]# yum search paramiko
> Searching Packages:
> Setting up repositories
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> No Matches found
> /
>
> Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never
> ending : starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am unable
> to find; which will no doubt lead to other dependencies.
>
> Is there any change that has to be made to the yum repository to point
> it to look in a different place?
>
> 3. Alternatively, I also have apt-get on the CentOS box - can you tell
> me some repos that I can add for apt-get as well?
>

> Thanks,
>

> --
> Raghu Narasimhan

Hi

Maybe you need to add the "rpmforge" repository.
https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using

Regards

Marcelo