Re: OT: Oracle client logging issue

Tom Brown wrote:
Hi

We have an app on CentOS 5 that is in pyton and uses some form of thin oracle client called oracle-instantclient-basic, this error is more towards that client i think but if anyone has seen this before then it would be great to hear about it.

The basic issue is that we are getting lots of sqlnet.log 's on the filesystem and we dont seem to be ablr to configure the location of that log as there is no oracle configuration for the client as such it seems in terms of tnsnames etc that you'd get with the full client.

Anyone ever used this client before or know how to direct its logs somewhere else?

thanks

The name and location of the SQLnet log file is determined by options in the sqlnet.ora file, usually found in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin or wherever the environment variable TNS_ADMIN points. The options are:

LOG_FILE_CLIENT - the name of the file (default sqlnet.log)
LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT - the directory (default is your current directory)

If you don't set these values, the default dumps the sqlnet.log file in the current working directory when a program runs into an Oracle exception.

Hope that helps!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@xxxxxxxxxxxx