Re: sound problem

Hi

  I can't wait until CentOS 5.3 is released :-( The bigger issue is that I also have windows xp running as a guest inside a vmware server (version 2) and since vmware doesn't discover the audio devices properlly (because linux claims to not have them), there's no sound in Windows ...

--
TIA
Paolo

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Ned Slider <ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paolo Supino wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I have CentOS 5.2 installed on a computer (the same one that I just posted
> a message on: Intel DG33BU motherboard) and for even though audio is
> reported to be found and working Linux just doesn't play anything through
> the speakers. The computer dual boots Linux/Windows and when in Windows
> sound works great, so it's strictly a Linux problem. Can anyone try and help
> me find out where the problem is and resolve it.

Check your mixer settings aren't just muted. Otherwise you probably need
updated alsa drivers. CentOS-5.3 will contain an updated alsa so if you
can hold off for a few weeks until the release of 5.3 and see if it
works once updated.