Re: Intel DG33BU motherboard

Hi Ralph

  Which brings me back to my original post: how do I enable multicore on a DG33BU motherboard, booting with pci=nommconf didn't change the situation :-(

--
TIA
Paolo

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Agile Aspect wrote:
> Paolo Supino wrote:
> > Hi Peter
> >
> >   I tried that and it the result is the same: Linux only finds,
> > initializes and uses only 1 core ... :-( Is there anything else I can
> > try to have Linux initialize all 4 cores?
> >
> You're probably booting the single CPU kernel.
>
> Try booting the kernel ending with "-ELsmp".

All CentOS 5 kernels are SMP kernels, there is no ELsmp kernel anymore.
Problem really seems to be missing ACPI functionality which leads to
the problem that only one core is found.

Ralph