Re: Anaconda crash during Centos 5.2 installation.

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 13:36 +0100, Alain PORTAL wrote:> Le mardi 30 décembre 2008 à 19:53, Lanny Marcus a écrit :> > > As Mark (mhr) mentioned, it might not run on that box. I suggest you> > download the "Live CD" for CentOS 5.2 and test it with that. If it> > doesn't run on the Live CD, it probably is not going to run on that> > box..... GL> > Trying in graphical mode and text mode, I get a lot of errors message such as:> SQUASHFS error Unable to read page, block 2a673ccd, srclength 65536> SQUASHFS error zlib_fs returned unexpected result 0xfffffffd size 5230> > I verified iso image (sha1sum) before burning it.> k3b (Fedora Core 6) report burn successful.> Is there a way with the Live CD to check the media before using it?
Just a thought along another tack: have you verified the hardware isgood? That thouyght strikes me because of the nature of the messages youare getting. I have a mainboard with the VIA 8237 chipset and nvidiagraphics (I don't recall which model ATM) and run 5.x w/o problems.
If the unit has been around a long time, try re-seating all the memory,cables, PS connectors, etc. Have you run a memtest86(?). Does a visualinspection show any signs of distress on the board (discoloration ofcapacitors, leaking, etc)?
Check BIOS settings too - maybe something set wrongly? Is the CMOSbattery good? Do BIOS settings hold?
> > Regards,> Alain
HTH-- Bill
_______________________________________________CentOS mailing listCentOS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos