Re: question on yum-downloadonly

Jerry Geis wrote:
Hi

I found yum-downloadonly and executed my command do that and save the
dependencies in my current directory.

Why not let them go where yum wants them?

Now when I execute my command:
rpm -i mypackage

all the dependencies are not found even though they are in the current directory.

rpm doesn't know anything about finding packages to resolve dependencies. You have to give it all the package names on the command line if you are going to do this manually.

if I do a "yum install mypackage" (and its in the current directory) its not found either.

How do I now install the mypackage in the current directory and look for all dependencies in the current directory?

rpm -i *.rpm would work if those are the only rpm packages there. Otherwise if you don't specify a download directory, yum will uses its normal location under /var/cache/yum which is where it will look when you do the yum install.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx