Re: rsync to mirrors failing

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
John R Pierce wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(614) [receiver=2.6.8]

I periodically get this, I chalk it up to rsync not recovering very well from lost packets on the public internet

It always seems to come at the start of rsync. Don't recall ever seeing it once the files start moving.

ok, I'm a little more awake now. "Connection reset by peer" is a classic TCP message, means the socket got a RST packet from the other end, and generally seems to happen when servers are too busy to want to talk right now.