Re: bioinformatics repository?

Hello John, and thanks for the tips

On Nov 25, 2008, at 11:59 AM, John wrote:

David, you could try Checking out the Scientific Linux Project to Maybe add
and use there Repos. It should also be binary compatable with CentOS.

Unfortunately that repos is suitable for physics and not really for biology... :-( I found some useful rpm in FC6 repository but still I miss a lot of packages. What is strange is that lot of those packages are standard on less spread OS (I use Gentoo and FreeBSD)...

That
would be the only Distributon that I know of that would maybe have what you need. The only others would be maybe Debian Based Systems because of the
huge alternate package options. But off course then you would need to
convert the debian packages to rpm format and there is also a tool to do
that.

That's interesting... is it a yum wrapper for apt-get or do I have to download .deb packages and resolve dependencies on my own?

Thanks again

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007