CentOS on HP EliteBook 6930 or Dell Latitude e6400

Hello,

I'm considering the HP EliteBook 6930 or the Dell Latitude e6400 notebooks for CentOS. I'm planning on using these in a situation in which they are always on, and I want low power and low noise and high reliability.

HP claims up to 24 hours battery power and Dell up to 19 hours. I figure this can bridge the gap for most power outages in my neighborhood. I realize that I won't get these hours running CentOS, but these two seem best of breed, so they give me the most margin.

I'm also planning on getting a SSD (Solid State Drive) on them.

I've found folks on the Web who've put the latest Ubuntu on each with few problems, but very little mention of other distributions. Actually, I couldn't find any mention of other distributions.

Is there anything that should concern me about putting CentOS on either of these? Has anyone done it?

Note that I plan to turn wireless networking off so I'd be happy if it doesn't work. Also, I don't care about the screen performance. I figure these are the two most likely areas of compatibility concern, but the SSD has me a little concerned, too.

Thanks for your help!

Take care,

Kurt Hansen