Re: [Centos] Promise EX16650 under 5.2?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Guy Boisvert wrote:
... and we have many problems with that approach which most of the time uses Java.

I've never seen one that did use java, having used the proxy's for Areca, 3ware, adaptec and MSI.

I have many servers in production (mostly Winblows boxes, i know it's bad but it's not my choice!) that have 2-3 of these bad admin apps and we have many compatibility problems.

Get a proper raid card ?

- KB

I'm totally with you Karanbir!

I mean, i'm a consultant and i have to live with things i didn't chose!

I'd like to change many hardware at my client's offices but sometimes, the budget is just not there. SMBs are not always up to understand TCO, ROI, etc. I do my best but sometimes, it's difficult!

The guy was talking about Promise and that was the reason i tried to warn him about their bad management app and so-so support.

That's it!

Regards,

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.