Re: OT - Automated rpm builds

Tom Brown wrote:
Hi

Currently devs check code into perforce and we have to checkout > package > update repo > deploy

I know this could be scripted but are there any tools out there that can take code from a repository and build rpm's in a continuous integration type manner? I have been hunting around for such a tool and so far not seeing anything obvious as i dont want to reinvent the wheel if at all possible.

I'm currently using Apache Ant to do my CVS checkouts and RPM builds. It has task support for Perforce as well. There's a good O'Reilly book on Ant (Ant: The Definitive Guide).

I'm looking into moving to the Hudson continuous integration server. It also supports Perforce and can call ant scripts to perform actual builds.

Apache Ant
http://ant.apache.org/
Ant Manual
http://ant.apache.org/manual/