Re: can CentOS act as an iSCSI server?

On Nov 16, 2008, at 7:21 AM, "Rudi Ahlers" <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know if I could share some space on on of my servers,
to another server(s) using the iSCSI protocal? I can  see that CentOS
can connect to an iSCSI server, but can it act as a iSCSI server?

Is so, does anyone have some good HOWTO / tutorials / docs on how to set it up?

I'm running CentOS 5.2

There is also the iSCSI Enterprise Target besides the technology preview of 'tgt' which is more then just iSCSI, but a generic SCSI target that can also do FC and FCoE.

IET has a kernel device device driver though that will need to be maintained through kernel updates, but works extremely well.

-Ross