Re: can CentOS act as an iSCSI server?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
<snip>

Hi Fabian,

Do you have any documentation for me on this? I don't know iSCSI at
all - well I haven't used it before myself, but from what I understand
it's much better than NFS.

Consider then reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iscsi your homework .. ;-) Don't try to compare NFS and iScsi : they aren't working at the same level : iScsi works at the 'block level' while other Network File Systems (like NFS, CIFS, etc ...) work more at the 'file level' . So they are serving different needs. While multiple hosts can access directly a NFS exported fs, iscsi share a block device (target) to an initiator host (or multiple hosts). Except if you're using a cluster FS like GFS, you can't access the same lun from multiple initiators at the same time

What is FC HBA's ?

Fiber Channel Host Bus Adapters ;-)

--
-