Re: Kernel compilation problems

Test wrote:
Alan,

The method you describe is the "standard" way of compiling a kernel, but
for Centos the method seems to vary...

http://webui.sourcelabs.com/centos/mail/user/threads/Run_a_more_recent_kernel_than_2.6.18_on_CentOS%253F.meta
http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_centos
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

The guide on the Wiki is maintained and is thoroughly tested (and ammended as necessary) for each new kernel release so I would strongly suggest you stick with that method. If you have any issues following that methodology I'm sure Akemi and Alan, the maintainers of that page, will be happy to assist you. Akemi is active on this list and I'm sure will respond in due course.