Re: Running From Live DVD & Keeping Settings Between Boots

Brent L. Bates wrote:
     Someone posted how to use a memory card (USB or another kind) to save
settings between boots of a Live CD/DVD.  I believe it was posted not too long
ago and I thought I had kept the email, but now that I'm looking for the
information, I can not find it.  I've done some searching and I either get way
too many hits or way too few, none of which are what I'm looking for.  Does
anyone remember that post and can forward that message to me?  Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something, you must be remembering another distro. Had some discussions on this during 5.2 live CD testing with Patrice Guay who builds the CentOS live CDs. Knoppix has a feature to save to USB, and Fedora 9 uses "persistence" to save changes from their live CD, but as of 5.2 CentOS livecd does not implement it.

Phil

begin:vcard
fn:Philip Schaffner
n:Schaffner;Philip
org:NASA Langley Research Center;Electromagnetics and Sensors Branch
adr:Mail Stop 473;;8 North Dryden Street;Hampton;VA;23681;USA
email;internet:Philip.R.Schaffner@xxxxxxxx
title:Aerospace Technologist
tel;work:757-864-1809
tel;fax:757-864-7891