Re: Hwinfo

Vandaman wrote:
Dag Wieers wrote:

Hmm, then I am probably confusing it with some other tool I
tried to package coming from SuSE. I do have a SPEC file on
my buildsystem, but it does not work. I will investigate
when I find the time.

Hwinfo is SUSE specific.
Debian page says :-

Debian -- Details of package hwinfo in sid
hwinfo is the hardware detection tool used in SuSE Linux. In Debian Edu ( Skolelinux) hwinfo has shown better results than discover when detecting mouse, ..

The Mandriva spec file lists :-
Add debian patch to get it build in non-suse distro

At the risk of repeating myself - it does build/run on CentOS 5.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-November/067612.html

Phil
begin:vcard
fn:Philip Schaffner
n:Schaffner;Philip
org:NASA Langley Research Center;Electromagnetics and Sensors Branch
adr:Mail Stop 473;;8 North Dryden Street;Hampton;VA;23681;USA
email;internet:Philip.R.Schaffner@xxxxxxxx
title:Aerospace Technologist
tel;work:757-864-1809
tel;fax:757-864-7891