Re: Appliance platform

fred smith wrote:
On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 12:15:05AM -0500, Ted Miller wrote:
Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I have a project that I need some hardware pointers for. I need to build some Centos "appliances" (dedicated boxes to do one thing only). Target cost is under $250/box.
Given the rest of the requirements, I would say something like:
http://www.mini-box.com/M200-LCD-Enclosure
By the time I fully configure the box it is slightly over my target price, but given the user interaction on the front panel, I think I can live with that.

Have you used this box, or others from mini-box?

How about something like the Asus eeebox?

Looks like it would work, but for my purposes it looks like the mini-box units fit better, and at a lower price.

Ted Miller
Indiana, USA