Re: RHEL 5.3 Beta released, beta-testers needed

Dag Wieers wrote:

Hmm, I am pretty sure at some point in the past registering to RHN was free without entitlements. That is how I have delegated systems and entitlements to other people within RPMforge.

Maybe it is different now. I will have to find out and document on the Wiki in detail.

Another data point. I have a valid RHN login but with all entitlements expired - did not renew and moved everything to CentOS. RHN will only show me ISOs for old RH products - no RHEL ISOs beta or otherwise. Back when the RHEL5(.0) beta came out the subscription was still active and I was able to get and test that Beta.

From past experience IIRC, if one tries to create a new account it must use a new email address, otherwise an error is returned about the address already being in use.

Also, if attempting a new registration, from: https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/sales/LoginInfo.do

"Red Hat Network provides Red Hat subscription customers with software downloads, updates, security errata, and systems management capabilities. To access these Red Hat Network benefits, customers must log in to Red Hat Network using a Red Hat login associated with at least one active subscription to a Red Hat product or service."

:-(
Phil