Re: RHEL 5.3 Beta released, beta-testers needed

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Spike Turner wrote:

Dag Wieers wrote:

So if we can improve the testing during the RHEL Beta
program, everyone in the CentOS community directly benefits
from that as well. Therefor it makes a lot of sense to
encourage the large CentOS community to take part in the
RHEL Beta program and help with improving the next CentOS
releases. (You don't need my back patting, start already
!)

These are the release notes
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.3/html/Release_Notes/index.html

One commentary on RHEL 5.3 beta states "Support for Windows
Vista and 2008 is provided by Red Hat's rebased Samba 3.0.32."
I would have like to have seen Red Hat release a rebased Samba
3.0.32  through fastrack for 4.7 and 5.2

Consider the Beta your fastrack and your wish is granted !

--
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --