Re: Re: Apparently no swap configured

Even though the recommended swap is 2 times system memory, I have never made a
swap partition over 2 GB. Maybe I am also flirting with disaster, but haven't
been bit yet in years. Usually a run away process that hits into swap gives
enough time for the kernel to kill it off before the whole system dumps.

I am sorry but that 'recommended' swap should be twice the of RAM installed is complete nonsense and I treat the LPI certificate as rubbish precisely because they subscribe to that nonsense. The roots of swap = 2xRAM comes from an old release of Solaris which REQUIRED swap be 2xRAM. In today's environment, there is no standard rule for how much swap to configure. If there is one, it is simply 'configure as much as you need and want.'