"core" installs of 5.2 missing crucial packages like yum, selinux-policy-targeted, vim-minimal, etc.

I had a 5.0 kickstart server which did "core" installs of CentOS (i.e.: "%packages --nobase").

I recently setup a 5.2 kickstart server. Using the same kickstart configs, I notice a few packages are always missing, notably: yum (!!), selinux-policy-targeted (even though I have "selinux --enforcing" in the kickstart, it always ends up with that package missing and selinux disabled), vim-minimal, etc.

Looking at comps.xml for 5.2 os tree, it shows all of these packages in the "core" group, just like 5.0 does. So it's not that the "core" group has changed.

Looking at the Release Notes for 5.2, I see this entry:

"Kickstart scripts that worked for 5.0 and/or 5.1 may have issues on CentOS 5.2 installation trees. So first test your kickstart scripts with CentOS 5.2 before using them in production."

I'm guessing this has something to do with my problem, but there's no further details.

Does anyone have any insight into the above Release Notes entry, and/or my problem in general?

p.s. I setup a 2nd kickstart server in a completely different environment, and am still seeing the same issue. I'm about to try a CD-based install of 5.2 and see if that also has the issue.

johnn