Re: Centos/Fedora core won't talk to an Epson Workforce 600 printer

Charles Campbell wrote:
Hello!

Has anyone had any luck getting CUPS to talk to an Epson Workforce 600 printer? I got pipslite and eklite.ppd extracted (and modified it to use Letter instead of A4) but I can't seem to get CUPS to talk succesfully with the printer. The printer configuration under Gnome widget does show that CUPS detected something (pipslite:...) but when I try to use it I get a wrapper error. The wrapper itself is in binary so there's not much I can make of it. This was done with the Workforce600 in wireless mode.

I've had no luck with various combinations so far with direct ethernet, wireless ethernet, http:, ipp:, lpd, socket: attempts.

I know this is a high-traffic list, so I hope you will forgive me a second try at getting a Brilliant Person's attention. Last try, though.

Thank you,
Chip Campbell