Re: Minimal CentOS

Puneet Goel wrote:
> I need a light version of CentOS (I am very much particular
about OS identity and the final product will retain the parent OS
identity and quality).  Can you provide me some kickstart file or
something else which can help me in making a final thing.  I do not
need eye candies/OpenOffice/Adobe flash/Games/Media Player etc. Just a
usable desktop, a lightweight file browser and desktop with icons (may
be XFE). Redundant locale, man, doc, /lib/modules etc. will be removed
as well.

Take a look at the CentOS-5.2 LiveCD - thats a good place to start, Can you work with that ? Its got a fully functional gnome desktop with a lot of other things that you can get rid of if you dont need. I've seen usable CentOS + Gnome desktops running from a 480MB squashfs store.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq