Re: OT: new list proposal

James B. Byrne wrote:

<snip>

I too, see little problem with the current signal to noise ratio. Compared to some tech lists I subscribe too this one is pretty much always
on the topic of some aspect of using CentOS effective and efficiently.
<snip>

I agree. There are times when stuff that obviously has no place on this list appears but in almost every case it is gone within a short time if allowed to die a natural death. It seems to me that the most irritating, least useful content is usually threads like this one, started in an effort to overhaul something that only needs a tuneup.

Perhaps a periodic broadcast of succinctly stated policies on acceptable topics, prior research, lucidity of questions, etc., ending with a suggestion that the OT stuff be silently ignored *on-list* would be enough to restore this list to showcase it once was.