Re: new list proposal

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
I'm all for having less traffic on this list, but I don't have a good recipe for that. I doubt that splitting the list will really help much. As others have already said you will probably end up with two lists that have mixed conversations from the topics of both lists. And it won't help with the problem that there are more and more clueless posts where it is very clear that the person asking didn't even think a second about doing some research before asking here.

Maybe it would make more sense to turn this list into 'Centos-users' where anything someone might do would be on topic as long as it involved a system running Centos (or planning to run it). That may be the way everyone but Karanbir thinks of it anyway now. Then add a new list called Centos-development or Centos-bugs to deal specifically with problems in Centos itself or getting it to install. As someone else mentioned, Centos usually 'just works' so that would probably be very low-traffic.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx