Re: [OT] What is the best network monitoring tool?

Les Mikesell wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Nate,

Thanks for your response.

Currently I have a lot of services to monitoring for example:

Databases : Oracle - Mysql - MSSql
WebServers: SunWebServer - SunJavaAppServer - Apache
Systems: Windows - Linux
Networking: Cisco Switch - Lan Interfaces

Currently I look these projects: Groundwork and Centreon (http://www.centreon.com/), this two tools based in Nagios, but with statistical tools

And other excellent tool is JFFNMS (http://www.jffnms.org/)

Don't forget OpenNMS - http://www.opennms.org.

Hi,

I also use Nagios for monitoring events, and I'm quite happy with it, but I'm looking for a complementary tool for performance/trend monitoring, since I'm not very happy with the Nagios Addons like NagiosGrapher, PNP and the like (limited functionality, high installation effort).

I've also taken a look at Cacti, but it seems not very mature yet and integration into Nagios is also rather tedious if you don't want two separate solutions doing things twice.

Recently I stumbled over Munin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/munin/), which looks interesting, but I didn't have the time to take a look at it yet.

Anybody using Nagios and Munin together and want's to share some experience? :-)

best regards,
__
/homas