Re: How to upgrade GNOME in CentOS?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Spike Turner wrote:
Why not run another distro with the latest and greatest Gnome or Kde if that is what you want? Trying to upgrade a CentOS box will mean you have something else. Its doomed to failure

fwiw, a garnome build normally works fine anywhere.

I just got my head kicked in offlist by someone who tried this....

OUCH!

so I want to elaborate a bit :

It is always the case of: "do you want 25 words or the answer"? Many of us, in our area of expertise can get a little too quick and short with answers, or just too much for the common person.

while garnome builds do work fine, they work fine only for the stuff that you build with it, pretty much everything else you expect to work with some level of integration into the gnome environment will break, almost certainly. So dont expect for the entire 'distro' to stay 'together' post gnome-update.

And thus I stay with what is built for me.

Karanbir, Thanks for everything you do for all of us!