Re: problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

Ned,

--On 5. Oktober 2008 11:07:54 +0100 Ned Slider <ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
Hi folks,

I have installed postgrey from the rpmforge repo, but it does not work
well with postfix from CentOS 5.2: I always get the error:

warning: connect to postgrey/socket: Permission denied
problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

- snip

You're correct in your assumption that this is an SELinux issue. You need
to write a custom policy to allow connection and writing to the socket.

How to do this is covered in the SELinux Wiki guide here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux#head-faa96b3fdd922004cdb988c1989e56
191c257c01

and luckily for you, the example used is for postgrey/postfix so you can
use the example provided.

Hope that helps.

That did it. Thanks alot!

Dirk